23.10.12

With Me

by tiqu


I dislike these horrible creatures. The way they walk on two feet, their dangerous frontal limbs that they use for different unfathomable purposes, they are just horrid. They took me to this place they call “shelter” yesterday, but they locked me up behind cold metal bars. One of the creatures took me to his place today. He opened the bars and lifted one of his limbs towards me. I know each time those limbs touch my skin I will feel pain. I do not want to suffer again.

Defensively, I snapped and barked frantically. He retreated but not for long, for this time he returned with something I even much despise; a rope. I watched anxiously as he brought the rope upon my head and stroked my tattered fur with it. I like it when they pat my head. It feels good. Perhaps the rope is not an unfriendly thing after all. The creature lured me out with the friendly rope, and picked me up carefully. His limbs were gentle, unlike the ones of the other creature whom I once called “master”.

“You’ll be fine, boy. It’s okay now. I’ll take good care of you.” he said, as if I could understand.

No comments: