11.4.13

Friend.

"I'm sorry for everything. Sorry I treated you more than I should have. Sorry I gave you hope. I never mean to hurt you. Please forgive me from the bottom of your heart. I hope we can still be friends, even if only by name. I don't want to have to hate you after all we have been through. Sorry."

She was broken apart, and he was a douche. He was the most useless, shameless person in her whole wide world. To make it all the more ironic, she was shedding her priceless tears for him. After all this while, her heart could never begin to understand that it was far better if she could move on and leave everything behind.

"Why are you wasting your energy over some person who can't even see past your kindness and devotion for him? You have to be strong. Forget him." said her best friend to her once. Although she appreciated her best friend's concern, it was easier said than done. She was not as strong and resistant. She could pretend that her heart was cold towards the matter but then she would be lying to herself. She tried, but it cut her deeply.

"Love to you was just a word. Had I known that earlier, I would've put a thick armor around myself so that I wouldn't give in to the piercing blows of your love game. I was nothing more but a friend to you. More precisely; a joke. You almost made me believe that a man and a woman could never stay behind the lines of friendship. And how you proved me wrong. The way it is, I see myself putting two feet outside while you're planting yourself wherever you were standing in the first place. And here I am, the involuntary joke. You're such a dumb ass!" 

She fret upon the fact that she had 1001 words to tell him, but she couldn't. All the words were kept upon pieces of paper, bound together inside the deepest corners of her despair, unable to go out. She hated herself for being such a coward. She hated that she could not tell him more than "I love you.", and she hated him for making her believe that he loved her too.

"I tried, so many times. I tried to the point I regret ever having him appear in my life. I don't want to see his face again. I don't want to have anything to do with him."

"Then be strong. Pain is never a choice, but you can choose to avoid the pain. It would be tempting, but at least you're happy. Get busy. Do stuff. Good stuff."

She looked into those hazel eyes full of honesty and slowly carved a bitter smile upon her lips. Her heart was numb, but she could feel warmth seeping in as those eyes looked towards her lovingly. Her swollen heart could no longer hold back the overflowing pool of tears she had been trying to hold back. She cried heartily, secretly promising to herself that this would be the last time.

In between her sobs and tears, she whispered "I promise...I'll never waste a single tear for him...never again. Ever."

"I've closed the door, so I hope you won't come knocking again. This time it's forever. I hope you're happy with that person, and know that I'm just as happy without you. Thanks for all the memories you gave me. Thanks for the strength you made me discover. Now you're nothing but a dumb ass douchebag to me, friend."

"That's my girl." whispered the best friend with a meaningful smile.

Baby I don't wanna waste another day
Keeping it inside it's killing me
Coz all I ever wanted comes right down to you
I wish that I could find the words to say
Baby I would tell you every time you leave
I'm inconsolable




No comments: